On September 12, Council approved a motion to establish a Ward 1, Ward 2 and Ward 3 One-Way to Two-Way Street Study Group. The motion was moved by Councillor McHattie and seconded by Councillor Farr at the September 6th GIC meeting.
Councillors Farr and McHattie invite you to a public meeting to introduce the concept of the one-way to two-way/complete street study group and invite Hamiltonians to participate. They are looking for a broad group of community stakeholders to help study the conversion of Cannon Street and Queen Street into complete streets.
The meeting will by emceed by Councillor Jason Farr and include presentations by the following speakers:
- Ryan McGreal, editor of Raise the Hammer, will introduce complete two-way streets.
- Peter Topalovic, project manager, transportation demand management with the City of Hamilton, will talk about balanced transportation.
- Sharon Mackinnon, public health nurse with the City of Hamilton, will explain the public health benefits of complete streets.
- Steve Molloy, project manager, Transportation Master Plan implementation with the City of Hamilton, will discuss the Transportation Master Plan and EA process.
- Councillor Brian McHattie, will introduce the community stakeholder study group and explain how it fits into the process of converting an existing one-way street into a complete street.
The session will include an hour of Q and A with the panel of speakers. Attendees will also have the opportunity to sign up for more information or to join the study group of Queen and/or Cannon.