Celebrate Hamilton as a cycling and active community
by participating in Bike to Work Day on May 30
Whether you are a seasoned cyclist or someone who would like to learn more about this healthy lifestyle choice, then Bike to Work Day is for you.
“The average person can cycle 2.5 km in 10 minutes and is an efficient way to get around Hamilton. This is a great opportunity to try a healthier commute that benefits the environment and your pocketbook,” states Peter Topalovic, Smart Commute Coordinator with the City of Hamilton’s Public Works. “Bike to Work Day is a fun, safe community-building event that promotes cycling in Hamilton and offers those that may be new to cycling a chance to build their confidence and skills.”
Bike to Work Day provides an opportunity to meet others interested in cycling and join one of many Group Rides happening in Hamilton on the morning of Monday, May 30 from 7:45 to 8:30 in Gore Park.
- Ride to the Gore Park Celebration and re-fuel with a free healthy snack before heading on to work or school.
- Learn about cycling services, maintaining your bicycle, and try out an HSR bike rack.
- Seasoned cycling commuters will share tips on safe cycling and favourite routes.
- Discover what the city is doing to promote cycling in Hamilton.
- Find out what you can do to improve cycling in your neighbourhood.
In addition to building participants’ cycling confidence, Smart Commute is looking for cyclists with some experience to lead Group Rides from various locations throughout the city.
Prizes are available to all participants, so get involved! Participation is easy and you can help shape cycling culture in Hamilton.
Bike to Work Day is an initiative of Smart Commute Hamilton, an organization that helps local employers and residents explore different commute choices like walking, carpooling, cycling and transit. For Group Ride and more information visit www.smartcommutehamilton.ca