Overview of the co-op model/Technology and Site Selection.
You will learn about how the community renewable energy co-operative business model works and the basics of renewable energy installation technology and site selection.
-Bill Thompson, Hamilton Coordinator Blue Green Canada.
-Martin Ince, Project Developer, M.K. Ince and Associate Ltd, Renewable Energy and Environmental Consulting
- Halton: Tuesday, January 24th 2012 Oakville Town Hall from 6.30-9.30 pm.
- Hamilton: Wednesday, January 25th 2012 Laidlaw United Church from 6.30-9.30 pm
Financing mechanisms and the co-operative model/ Business plan formation.
Learn about the various ways to finance (capitalize) a renewable energy co-operative and to secure the money that is necessary for project start-up.
– Harry French, Ontario Sustainable Energy Association (OSEA).
Learn business plan formation and the risks associated with a project and how the co-op model can address them.
-Graham Flint, Technical Specialist, HHEAT.
- Halton: Tuesday, Febuary 21st, 2012. Burlington Central Library from 6.00-9.00pm.
- Hamilton: Thursday, Feburary 23rd, 2012. Council Chambers Dundas Town Hall from 6.30-9.30pm.
Principles of co-op promotion and maintenance
Learn the basics of developing the internal structure of your co-op’s team and the formation of the steering committee, members and the board of directors.
Also co-op incorporation in Ontario, how to devise a marketing plan for your co-op and maintaining your co-op‚s momentum and progress overtime.
-Peter Cameron, Co-op Development Manager at the Ontario Co-operative organization and Bill Thompson (Blue Green Canada).
- Halton: Tuesday, March 20th 2012. Milton Sports Centre from 6.30-9.30pm
- Hamilton: Thursday, March 22nd 2012. Beasley Community Centre from 6.00-9.00pm.
Call 905 549 0900 or 647-880-4656
Visit our blog: hheathub.blogspot.com
A project of Environment Hamilton (EH) and the Halton Environmental Network (HEN.)
*This project has received funding support from the Ontario Power Authority through the Community Energy Partnerships Program. Such support does not indicate endorsement by the Ontario Power Authority or the Province of Ontario of the content of this material.