The community is invited to watch McMaster’s pajama parade which starts at 6 p.m. on September 7th. The parade is a long-standing tradition at McMaster. Students will be collecting donations for Shinerama throughout the route. Also, please bring small change for children’s lemon-aid stands.
We thank Shelli Eisenberg, AWWCA student liaison and PJ-parade committee member, for her work on the McMaster Students Union pajama-parade committee this past year.
Similar to last year, the parade will include:
- The Hamilton Police ACTION Team will be present with eight members per team and they will enforce ZERO tolerance for any offense.
- About 15 police officers located throughout the parade.
- Two mounted police officers will be present to keep the parade flow in order.
- 1,000 Welcome Week Representatives will be located along the sidewalk of the parade route to ensure cleanliness and continued parade flow. They will be equipped with garbage bags.
- A Trepass to Property Act letter of authorization to offer homeowners more control over their property, created in collaboration with the Hamilton Police and MSU.
An information package about the parade was delivered to each home on the route last week by MSU representatives and Shelli Eisenberg.
The 2011 parade route is the same as last year. It will exit campus at the Sterling Street entrance, proceed east on the north side of Sterling Street, turn left onto Dalewood Crescent, turn right onto Paisley Avenue North, turn right onto Dromore Crescent, turn right onto Sterling, cross the street to the south side, and proceed back into campus. See the route map at https://awwca.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/PJ-Parade-Route-2011.jpg
The pajama parade poster can be viewed at https://awwca.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Welcome-Week-2011_PJ-Parade.png
Please come to the parade and if you have children living at home, bring them too. We will be contacting members afterwards to request feedback.