Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board staff have proposed the closure of Prince Philip School and busing of its students to George R. Allan School. The volunteer ARC committee has proposed keeping Prince Philip, George R. Allan, and Dalewood intact. On April 16 the Board of Trustees will vote on their preferred proposal. We need your voice to keep all three schools in our community!
How can you help?
- Attend the We Need 3 Community Night 4 – 7 pm Wednesday, March 7 at the Churchill Park lawn bowling clubhouse on Cline Ave. N. in Westdale. It will be a fun evening of fellowship, featuring speakers, open mic, music, and of course food!
- ‘Like’ us on facebook at We Need Three – Campaign to Save Prince Philip School, or go to our website at weneed3.com
- We have two petitions, one for Prince Philip (http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-prince-philip-elementary-school-open-in-ainslie-wo.html), and one for GR Allan (http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/westdale-residents-for-local-schools-and-healthy-kids.html). Sign one or both!
- Write or call the trustees and ask them to support the ARC’s proposal to keep Prince Philip open. Contact info can be found on our website, facebook page, or go tohttp://www.hwdsb.on.ca/aboutus/trustees/.
- Attend the Board of Trustees Special Hearing Tuesday, March 20 at 6 pm at the Education Centre, 100 Main St. W. If you wish to speak, you must pre-register by contacting Heather Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-527-5092 ext. 2279 by March 19. Childcare will be provided.
- If you live or work on a high traffic street, request one of our lawn signs by contacting Mary Louise Pigott at email@example.com, or Eric Bumbaca at firstname.lastname@example.org.